With Smoke Ventilation
Smoke ventilation allows the creation of a smoke free layer above the floor by removing smoke. This improves the conditions for safe escape and permits the fire to be fought in its early stages.
What happens if there is a smoke ventilation system?
1. ln the event of a fire, actuators open high level smoke vents and low level fresh air inlet vents.
2. This allows cool air into the building, forcing the hot air and smoke out via the roof, providing a smoke free layer for safe escape.
3. The smoke free layer allows safe access for the fire to be fought and extinguished.
Without Smoke Ventilation
What happens if there is no means of smoke ventilation?
1. In an unventilated room, smoke will rise directly to the ceiling.
2. The smoke will begin to fill the space available moving laterally instead of vertically.
3. Convection of the smoke will cause it to be drawn back down to low level reducing visibility and the chances of a safe escape.
4. Temperatures will continue to rise causing the potential flash over and collapse of the building.
If you have a question about any SE Controls products or services, we may already have the answer for you in our FAQs
Alternatively, contact us on:
T: +44 (0)1543 443 060
I'm fine with this