Vacancy for Fire Engineer
1. Provide technical support to UK and International internal and external needs.
2. Evaluate, design and draft proposals for engineered smoke ventilation solutions for project applications.
3. Develop and analyse complex ventilation applications using CFD modelling and/or other computer based design tools.
4. Provide general support and advice to business managers and project team leaders and help the Fire Engineering Manager to ensure relevant teams are kept up to date with all relevant legislation and guidance.
5. Provide support and advice to teams involved in the commissioning process.
6. Attend project meetings as required to provide advice and support on any scheme design issues or problems
7. Assist Senior Fire Engineering in raising the technical and fire engineer knowledge base of the company by developing technical solutions, spreadsheets, design aids and procedures and providing support and training to staff.
8. Work within the framework of the Quality Management System
9. Adhere to company procedures and ethical work practices
10. Understand the role and responsibility within the health and safety management system.
Essential Person Specification:
1. Degree educated in Buildings service or Mechanical Engineering essential.
2. Experience of working with and understanding CFD
3. Proven track record of working within the smoke control industry.
4. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
5. Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
Desirable Person Specification:
1. Degree educated in Fire Engineering would be desirable.
2. Proven track record of working within the smoke control industry.
3. Ability to understand construction drawings.
4. Some knowledge of building fire safety standards and regulations.
5. Previous commercial experience / background in identical or similar role.
6. Experience of working within the construction industry.
7. Prepared to travel within the UK to site for meeting or provide assistance to engineers.
8. This is largely an office based role based in Staffordshire area.